Golf Cart Tips
It's that time of the year again where we get to enjoy golf cart season! Here are some helpful tips to ensure your time is a great time!
1. It is always ideal to always keep the top of the golf cart batteries clean and dry.
2. Be sure to charge your batteries with a sufficient charger for 8 to 10 hours. It is ideal to never allow to batteries to be completely discharged so charging at 20% is helpful.
3. Many times, golf cart users find utilizing their cart then putting their batteries on a charge afterwards overnight makes it a simple and routine way to always ensure your cart is ready to go.
4. When filling the battery cells with distilled water, be sure to only do this after charging and never over fill.
5. The more often you use the batteries, the better! Common sense usually tells us the more we use something, the quicker it goes bad but that’s not necessarily the case when it comes to batteries! They enjoy being used often and work better used than sitting.
6. Recharging every 45-60 days as a “refreshing” charge can be helpful. When climates are very hot, it is ideal to try to charge more often.
7. Don’t over charge your batteries. Utilizing a battery charger with an automatic shut- off does help avoid this from happening.
8. Never charge frozen batteries.
9. It is very helpful to check water levels on a regular basis and fill with distilled water as needed.
On average, golf cart batteries longevity seems to be approximately 3-5 years. You will see a longer life when you are utilizing a charger.